Grand Geneva Resort & Spa appoints new spa director, Connie Woodhouse
12 Jan, 2011
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is pleased to announce the appointment of Connie Woodhouse as director of the WELL Spa and Salon, effective immediately. Woodhouse, who previously worked at the Grand Geneva as a sales manager from September 2003 to December 2005, brings more than ten years of industry experience to her new position. As spa director, Woodhouse will manage every aspect of the AAA Four Diamond resort’s Scandinavian-themed facility, which features a state-of-the-art spa and expansive fitness center, offering an indoor climbing wall, Olympic-size lap pool, and basketball, tennis and volleyball courts, among other features.
“The resort’s focused, positive leadership style enticed me to return to the Grand Geneva, and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to guide the WELL Spa’s expert team,” said Woodhouse. “I am committed to introducing new programming that will help guests renew their bodies and minds, and to creating a heart-healthy community among WELL Spa members.”
Woodhouse most recently served as club manager and spa director for the McDonald’s Corporation, where she helped associates maintain their fitness and wellness goals. Prior to her time with McDonald’s, she was the director of sales, marketing and public relations at New Star Discovery, a talent agency in Rockford, IL.
To mark her appointment, which coincides with the start of a New Year, Woodhouse has launched two new family fitness classes at the fitness center, Rock Climbing and Student Yoga. She has also introduced rejuvenating beauty packages that are designed to help guests and members achieve their New Year’s resolutions. The WELL Spa’s January 2011 specials include:
– Parents who book a salon service between 4 and 8 p.m. will receive a complimentary rock wall climbing session for their family (ages 8 and older; a maximum of 3 climbers per service
– A $25 discount on any service for two, including massages, facials, manicures and pedicure
– A $20 discount on any second same-day spa services
– The above offers are available now through February 28, 2011, based on availability. All prices are exclusive of gratuity
– Complimentary beverages, including champagne, beer and wine, for all guests during spa services
For more information on the WELL Spa and Salon or to make reservations, visit www.grandgeneva.com or call 262.248.8811.