A Picture Perfect Holiday
09 Nov, 2016
It’s more than the lights outside – we’re showcasing all-NEW decorations indoors too! We’ve decked the halls with a brand new theme and new decorations once again. Capture the holiday memory within every scene. Take a photo with the Gingerbread Family or snap a pic in Santa’s Workshop and make sure you wander through the Candyland display to choose your favorite treat to get your photograph with.
Join Grand Geneva on Sunday, November 20, 2016 for the kickoff of the annual six-week long Christmas in the Country Celebration. We flip the switch on more than 2 million lights throughout the property, then follow it up with our dazzling grand fireworks display to kick off the holiday season. Discover even more holiday magic this season with the additional kids activities and live entertainment throughout the Grand Ballroom, Evergreen Ballroom and the Lobby. Enjoy holiday cookies and hot apple cider too.
Here are some of the details to know about the Illumination Ceremony:
- We ask that all guests bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate to United Way of Walworth County.
- Activities begin at 4:30 pm in the Grand Ballroom, Evergreen Ballroom and the Lobby
- Photos with Santa begin at 4:30 pm in the Evergreen Ballroom
- Professional Family Photos by Matt Mason Photography begin at 4:30 pm in the Grand Ballroom. A $5 donation to the United Way of Walworth County is recommended. Click here to view and download your photos.
- Raffles will take place to support United Way of Walworth County. ($5 for 1 ticket or $20 for 5 tickets)
- Gather outside by the large Christmas tree at 6 pm for the countdown to the illumination of holiday lights and fireworks
- Letters to Santa in the Lobby
- All are welcome to come back inside after fireworks for more games and activities and photos with Santa
Gingerbread House Contest – Vote for Your Favorite!
Amateur and professional, adult and child categories will display their masterpieces beginning at the Illumination Ceremony through the holidays, just outside Ristorante Brissago. Come in and view these fabulous creations! Vote for your favorite at www.GrandGenevaGingerbread.com.
Special $99 rates to stay overnight on Sunday, November 20. Book Now!