SKI FEVER SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN,
NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING
1. SPONSOR: Grand Geneva, LLC, a Wisconsin limited liability company, having an address of 100 East Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202 (“Grand Geneva” or “Sponsor”).
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins November 7, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. Central Standard Time and ends November 11, 2011, at 4:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. METHOD OF ENTRY: During the Entry Period you may enter the Sweepstakes online by submitting the date you predict The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa will get its first snow fall of more than ½ inch on a custom tab entitled Ski Fever! on the Grand Geneva Resort and Spa’s Facebook page located at http://www.facebook.com/#!/grandgeneva . Limit: Each participant may enter only one (1) time during the Entry Period. The use of automated entry devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, excluding Colorado (the “Eligibility Area”) who are at least eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its parent and affiliated companies, including, without limitation, Marcus Hotels, Inc. and Marcus Theatres Corporation, and employees of any advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with those companies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Entries must be received by the end of each Entry Period. Any entries received after the end of each Entry Period will be disregarded and not included in the Sweepstakes. Void outside of the Eligibility Area and where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void in Colorado and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5. PRIZE: Two (2) ski lift tickets to The Mountain Top at the Grand Geneva Resort and Spa (verifiable retail value $94.00). Prize must be redeemed by February 28, 2012. No substitution, exchange or cash redemption of prize is permitted. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. PRIZE DRAWING: Winners will be notified after the Grand Geneva Resort and Spa has its first snow fall of more than ½ inch. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received.
7. WINNER: The winner will be announced on the Facebook wall and notified through a custom tab. Sponsor is not responsible if a prize notification is not received for any reason. Disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner will result from any of the following: (1) potential winner’s inability to accept prize; (2) potential winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release by the deadline stated by Sponsor in the prize notification; (3) the return of a prize notification as undeliverable or (4) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules (“Rules”). If sponsor is unable to confirm a winner, at Sponsor’s option, the prize may go un-awarded. The winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with the prize receipt and/or use. For the name of the winner (available the day after winner has been notified) and/or a copy of these Official Rules (request must be received by May 31, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Marcus Hotels, Inc. 100 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1900, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202, Attn: Meghan Deutsch, and indicate which you are requesting.
8. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS AND LICENSE: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (1) he or she will abide by and be bound by these Official Rules; (2) the entry, becomes solely the Sponsor’s property and will not be acknowledged or returned; (3) neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliated companies or the advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with Sponsor or those affiliated companies, nor any of their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, Sponsor’s “Affiliates”) are responsible for claims, injuries, death, losses or damages of any kind resulting from Sweepstakes participation or inability to participate; the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize or parts thereof; or participation in any prize related activity; (4) winner’s acceptance of the prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to use winner’s name, address (city and state only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and prize information and/or statements about the promotion for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes, including the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, without additional compensation or limitation, except where prohibited by law; (5) any portion of the prize not accepted by the winner will be forfeited; (6) Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (7) in the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these Official Rules, the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of Wisconsin by and within the courts of that state; (8) by entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes from the Sweepstakes and its determination of the qualifiers and winner is final. In the event a question arises regarding a winner’s identity, entry will be deemed made by the holder of the email account associated with the entry. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, postage due, misdirected, late, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliated companies or the advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with Sponsor or those affiliated companies are responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including attempts by entrants or other individuals to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and in the event of cancellation or termination, to select winners from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. Inclusion in such drawing will be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Proof of submitting entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by Sponsor.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates shall be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s or its Affiliates’ sole control. Neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates shall be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates shall be liable for any loss or damage to baggage.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SPONSOR’S HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, HOTEL ROOMS OR SPAS, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. Release and Indemnification: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE SPONSOR AND SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHT, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARITICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCESS TO ANY MATERIALS, OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
- Severability, Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrant represents and warrants that he or she is providing his or her information to Grand Geneva, LLC and not to Facebook.